Bob Dylan In Nuremberg
I’ve always loved seeing live music, Bob Dylan was the first artist that I started to travel to go and see, first seeing him in Cork Ireland in June 2011 when I was 18. Before that the furthest I would have been to a concert would have been Manchester. Since then I’ve been up and down the country and all over Europe.
At the end of 2017 when Bob Dylan’s 2018 European tour was announced, I wasn’t going to miss it. Nurnberg’s date worked well for myself and my dad so I booked us both VIP tickets for his 70th birthday. Front row and dead centre.
We had lovely weather while in the magnificent city, it was 28c on the Saturday and 29c on Sunday. You can see the blue sky’s on the picture at the bottom of the blog.
The show it’self was fantastic, the atmosphere in the Frankenhalle was electric and the band was in perfect form as always. Dylan’s voices sounded better than ever, with a similar setlist to the 2017 tour. Being in the front row you could see how the band and Dylan work together and enjoy changing the songs from the original way they were written. You could see that Bob was enjoying the show and the engagement from the crown which hung on his every word.
My highlights from the set list have to be, Simple Twist Of Fate, Honest With Me, Tryin’ To Get To Heaven, Pay In Blood, Early Roman Kings, Desolation Row, Love Sick, Thunder On The Mountain, Long and Wasted Years and Ballad Of A Thin Man. That’s a lot of highlights but Dylan and the band were really on form!
The venue was not too big but I would not have liked to sit at the back on the sides because there are no screens like at all Dylan shows so you would not be able to get involved as much. That didn’t stop the place rocking on the night.
Overall a 10/10 weekend, great weather, lovely city and an unbelievable gig.
Bob Dylan Live At Frankenhalle Setlist
1. Things Have Changed (Bob on Piano)
2. Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right (Bob on Piano)
3. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on Piano)
4. Simple Twist Of Fate (Bob on Piano)
5. Duquesne Whistle (Bob on Piano)
6. Melancholy Mood (Bob center stage)
7. Honest With Me (Bob on Piano)
8. Tryin’ To Get To Heaven (Bob on piano)
9. Come Rain Or Come Shine (Bob center stage)
10. Pay In Blood (Bob on Piano)
11. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob on Piano)
12. Early Roman Kings (Bob on Piano)
13. Desolation Row (Bob on Piano)
14. Love Sick (Bob on Piano)
15. Autumn Leaves (Bob center stage)
16. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on Piano)
17. Soon After Midnight (Bob on piano)
18. Long and Wasted Years (Bob center stage)
19. Blowin’ In The Wind (Bob on Piano)
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob on Piano)
Setlist from bob links.
Live recording from the night:
Some pictures from the walks around the city.